Modelo is a web-based presentation and communication platform that enables 3D design teams to quickly upload, share and view 3D and 2D files. The fact that it is web-based means that no software installations are required. It can be used on laptops, tablets and phones to present, as well as markup and exchange feedback with colleagues, consultants and clients.
Modelo brings speed and accessibility to the 3D design process making iterations faster and communication easier among stakeholders.
Get started with Modelo in 5 minutes...
- Sign Up for an account. We currently offer a Free single user tier and a 30 Day free trial of Studio tier. For Enterprise, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will still need to sign up though, so go ahead and give it a go!
If you’ve already been invited by a colleague to join a company or project, click the join project link in the invitation email to get started. (Not seeing an invitation email? Check your SPAM folder).
- Once you sign in click Create Project in your Projects List page.
- Projects contain folders. Modelo automatically creates a folder called Phase 1 when a new project is created. (Want to rename the folder? Click the Project title breadcrumb and hover over the folder to edit it.)
- Click Phase 1 folder. From here you can upload model files. Click Upload and you will see the file formats we support: .RVT, .SKP, .3DM, .VWX, .OBJ, .STL, and .ZIP (for Rhino files with textures).
- For most file formats you can drag and drop or select a file from your file explorer to upload to Modelo from this Upload screen.
For Revit and Vectorworks users, you will need to download our plugins which support direct uploading.
Revit Installation and Upload Instruction Video
Vectorwork Installation and Upload Instruction Video
3ds Max Installation and Upload Instruction Video
- Click Upload. The speed of your internet connection and the size of the model will affect how long it takes to upload. For small models or fast internet speeds, it will be a matter of seconds. For larger files or really slow connections it may take a few minutes.
Next, wait for the conversion process to complete and voila! A model card will be displayed. If you don't see one upon completion, just refresh the page. Hover over the model card and click the orange 3D button to jump into the 3D view.
- Want to invite people to join your project? Click the (+) button in the project page, or if you’re inviting a new user to a company account you manage follow these [instructions].