To install the Vectorworks Modelo Plug-in for Mac, you first need to download the Plug-in. Download Plug-in here. When completing these steps make sure that Vectorworks is not currently running.
Once downloaded, unzip the "Export to Modelo" file. The resulting folder will contain the following:
- "Export to Modelo.vsm"
- Folder titled: "requests"
Please note, if you unzip and see a _MACOSX folder within, ignore it.
Step 1 Move the .vsm and .vwlibrary plug-ins to the following location: applications/Vectorworks 2016/Plug-Ins.
Step 2 Copy-Paste the "requests" folder into the Python executable folder:
- In your applications folder, expand the "Vectorworks 2016" folder. Right click the "Vectorworks 2016" executable file and select "Show Package Contents".
- From here, go to Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/
- Copy-Paste the "requests" folder here.
Step 3 Open Vectorworks 2016 and go to Tools>Workspaces>Edit Current Workspace... A Workspace Editor will display with two lists: Commands list on the left and Menus list on the right.
- In the Commands list, expand "Import/Export" scroll down and select "Export to Modelo"
- In the menu list expand "File" scroll down and expand "Export"
- In the Commands list click and drag "Export to Modelo" into "Export" under the Menus list.
- Click OK.
The Workspace should now be updated. To use the Plug-in, open a VWX file in a 3D view.
Please note, the file must be in a 3D view in order to export.
Open the File menu, select Export and "Export to Modelo" should be at the top of the list.
Once you select it, a new dialog will display asking you for a token. Open Modelo in your web browser. At the top right there is an option called "Upload Token" select this token. You will then see two drop-down menus for Projects and Folders within those projects. Select the Project and Folder you want to upload your Vectorworks model to. Once selected a token will be generated. Copy and paste this into the Vectorworks dialog box and select Upload.
Your model should begin uploading and appear in Modelo after a few moments. The time will depend primarily on the size of the file and the speed of your internet. If you do not see anything change within the project folder you uploaded to after a few minutes try refreshing your browser.